View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuyn2003 View Post
I teset it as follow steps, got failure:

1.when the frontlight is off, pluged the usb into GLO, GLO asked me if I want to connect to pc?
2.I chose cancel, then pressed the light button, the led is on.
3.I pressed the light button again, the led is just off.
4.Unconnected the usb, turn on the led, the light didn't go to a dimmer level.

What's wrong with the above steps?
Don't disconnect the USB; the light goes dim immediately after you press the light button to turn the frontlight off. Here are my steps:

1. Plug USB into Glo, choose cancel when asked to connect to PC.
2. Turn on frontlight.
3. Turn off frontlight. The light goes dim for a second, then goes completely off.

Sometimes the frontlight only goes dimmer for a fraction of a second, and you'd miss it if you weren't looking for it. A few times, I've had it stay at half-brightness for 10-15 seconds.

Here are two photos of my Glo in an almost completely dark room, first at normal lowest brightness:

And then at a dimmer level after pressing the light button to turn the frontlight off while connected to a USB charger:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glo_normal.jpg
Views:	2147
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	99839   Click image for larger version

Name:	glo_dim.jpg
Views:	2070
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	99840  
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote