View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Questions for those that don't re-read

In threads about DRM, some people say that they don't really care about it, because they don't re-read, so it doesn't matter to them if the DRM stops them being able to access their books at some point in the future.

With a few notable exceptions, I don't tend to re-read books, but it's important to me that I'm able to access them in the future. There are two reasons why:

1. I have a wife and two kids, and they might want to read some of my books at some point in the future.
2. I sometimes want to refer back to a book. For instance, I might vaguely remember a quote or some dialogue, and want to get the full quote. Also, I have quite a lot of reference and non-fiction, where being able to refer to the book is pretty much the point of having the book in the first place.

So, for those of you that don't care about DRM because you don't re-read books, do the above not matter to you? I'm not saying they should, I'm just curious.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote