View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #12
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
When ghostyjack says in his Kobo library I guess I'm just assuming he means ePub's, not kePub's. I know that's what I was referring to in my post.
Yes I was referring to ePub and not KePub, don't see any point in backing up a Kobo proprietary format when I may well be attempting to read the file in a non-Kobo (or Kobo-compatible) device.

I was also talking about the library on the Kobo web site when I log into it via a web browser. The files there are still DRMed.

As I now have purchased my first Kobo reader - an Aura HD - I can download them direct to the reader using the KePub format if I choose. But as I have only had it recently, this format would not be of any value until now. My purchases from their site would require me to download them to my PC so I could transfer them to either my Sony reader or Android phone or tablet (I use Mantano as it's much better at rendering ePub's). Having to download them via ADE and them strip the DRM before transferring to the device, although trivial, is a pain if you don't have to.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote