View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there actually a good romance book that a real man will enjoy?
I'm sure there are and I'm looking forward to seeing the noms.

I'm a real man and I really like John Fowles' 'The French Lieutenant's Woman' - but I don't think there's an ebook version (and I breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing there wasn't one for 'Possession' either ).

But I shall try to approach the candidates with an open mind - as I am sure we all will Jon.

Adding a nomination of my own:

Anne Tyler "The Accidental Tourist" - from Amazon:
"Scarred by grief after their 12-year-old son's senseless murder (he was shot by a holdup man in a Burger Bonanza), Macon and Sarah Leary are losing their marriage too. Macon is unable to cope when she leaves him, so he settles down "safe among the people he'd started out with," moving back home with two divorced brothers and spinster sister Rose. Author of a series of guidebooks called "Accidental Tourist" for businessmen who hate to travel, Macon is Tyler's focus here, as she gently chronicles his journey from lonely self-absorption to an "accidental" new life with brassy Muriel, a dog trainer from the Meow Bow Animal Hospital, who renews and claims his heart."

Last edited by Sparrow; 01-18-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote