View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about saying the Kobo has a better build quality. A lot of folks seem to be having quality issues with the Aura.
True, but in all fairness so did the first Paperwhite. The pink/green light on the screen was a real concern for those interested in a Paperwhite at that time.
And from what I have seen in another thread, some buyers of the Paperwhite 2 had also to ask for replacement(s).
I blame the quality controls of both Amazon & Kobo. What's all about? Rushing the production to deliver before the competition? Trying to lower the price so much that the basic quality standards can't be meet each and every time? I'm baffled that the average buyer has to jump through hoops to make sure to have a properly working device (well, at least screen).

To be even fairer, CS is way better on the Amazon side but the Kobo one is alright if you can deal with a store.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote