View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #45
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
I've become bothered by the fact that I've read little of "classic" western literature. So, I want 20% or 25% of my reading to be from the canon.

Staying well-informed is important, right? I read a lot of news and periodical essays, but I'm thinking of a goal of one book per month of contemporary non-fiction.

I'm skimming books like The New Lifetime Reading Plan and How to Read a Book while contemplating a structure for my 2012 reading.

The goals are still under construction.
I'm with you, Kevin8or. While I've read most classics, that was 50 years ago in many cases. So going back and visiting/re-visiting those classics makes sense. Reading 100 books? That's easy for me. But making sure that 20-25% of them are ones that might actually be considered "literature" or classics? Harder.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote