View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #101
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
In the new Freda, the option to choose XNA or not is gone, so I assume it's a completely new renderer (probably based on the original XNA code?).
It is indeed a completely new renderer. The new Freda version is a Windows Phone 8 app (as opposed to a WP7 app running in compatibility mode). And WP8 does not support XNA. The new renderer actually shares quite a lot of code with the one for the Windows 8/RT version of Freda.
Quote:
It's just word spacing that's an issue.
I see your point. All that this version of Freda is doing is to insist that words have at least one en-space between them. The old version was actually meant to do that too, but because of a bug it would allow narrower word spacing than that. But I do agree that the 'buggy' code was actually giving a better looking page. So what I've now done is add yet another optional setting to Freda, so you can manually customise word spacing. That should let you set the word spacing you want.

Quote:
I'm no longer able to see the "pages read / total number of pages per chapter" in the context menu screen.
I was having trouble figuring out where best to put that information (plus title and author) on the new controls screen. But I will find somewhere suitable, because I agree it is useful information.

These changes should come in version 3.3 of Freda, within a couple of weeks.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote