Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #156
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I'm 12 full days in, 26 hours of reading on lowest lighting level, and still at 51%...

Quote:
It's been a while since this thread started, and frankly, I don't remember, but have any of you with the problem tried actually turning the unit off between uses? If it's just an accelerated battery drain while in sleep mode, then at least you'll preserve the ability to use the device with only the minor inconvenience of waiting on the sleep mode fix. It doesn't really take that long to boot the reader.
Yes I think VelvetElvis has done that and confirmed that battery does not run down in off-mode. So that would indeed be a workaround until the problem gets fixed. However, I'm still purposely using sleep-mode to see if I can find when the drain does and does not happen. I have yet to find a "does not" situation, but I'm suspecting sleeping from the home screen.

Quote:
Hey, just out of curiosity, has anyone tried this with or without the sleepcover, or with the sleepcover shutdown disabled in the firmware? While I have it turned ON, I don't have a sleepcover.
I do not use a sleepcover, nor does VelvetElvis. I have the Glo set to not listen for a sleepcover. VelvetElvis used to have the function on, but switched it off recently when he found the setting.

In any case, no sleepcover and either listening for one switched on or off, both situations give quick battery drainage in sleep mode.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote