View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #27
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
The brain and eye can adjust for a LOT of things under many varying conditions. That's how the system is intended to work.
I so agree. I was -700 in both eyes (I what I saw at 20 feet you saw at 700 feet). I went in for Lasik - got PRK. Due to a number of issues, I had 5 surguries. I wanted 20-20 vsion. I got 10-300. Still a lot better than I had, and I don't need reading glasses. My ability to guage distances is awful, but my brain knows when it should switch to the distance eye and when it should switch to the close work eye. I am just amazed.

I thought it was strange that people read faster on paper. I would believe it if it was on nonfiction. I find paging through the tax code on paper a lot easier than online.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote