View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #85
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I do feel there is a difference between censorship and waiting until the child is mature enough to handle the material..... for instance (as an extreme), would you let your 7 year old watch 'Night of the Living Dead'? or anything on CineMax with the word 'Desire' in it? Or what if your 12 year old came in at happy hour and asked for a dirty martini?..... Yes, these are extreme examples, but they illustrate the need for parents to set limits. Referring to any limits as being 'censorship' is inappropriate and rather naive. What limits you place as a parent are your own choice, but that some limits need to be set is basic parenting. May not be politically correct in this day and age, but there it is....
But then again, I was 5 when I first asked my father for a cigarette. He gave me one. I smoked it. It was my first and last. Although my father smoked, not one of us four kids ever did.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote