View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #83
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
I was never what you called censored in any way with my reading materials, same for video rentals/movies when the technology first came out. And yes I am that old, I clearly remember the whole VHS vs Betamax debate as well.

My brother and I weren't censored but we did have boundaries that we knew not to cross. Our Mother knew we knew the difference between fact/real life and fantasy/fiction so I suppose that went a long way towards trusting us to make the decisions on what to read/watch ourselves.

That said I find it ironic that it was a Kindle that was the offending device in question. Please note my irony/sarcasm before responding, pretty please.

Kindle, of all the digital readers (even tablets) that I've used to read on has the best parental controls to stop children/teenagers accessing inappropriate content I've come across so far. In fact given the PC they have installed on their devices was why my brother and his wife gave the go ahead for my parents and I to give my nephews Kindle Fire HD tabs for Christmas last year.

I believe at the end of the day it is up to the parent to make sure that any tech they give their children, or their children can access (lets face it kids don't always get permission before borrowing things even when they know better, that's reality), be safe for them to use. This includes parental controls or safety features and discussing what they can and cannot do with said devices.

Just my, well I wouldn't say two cents as I'm in the UK, so I will say what? My penny? Like penny for your thoughts. So my penny's worth will work here.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote