View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Don't ask for advice after the fact. Ask before you buy so if an issue is discovered for whatever reason, you can choose no. Once you've already bought it it's a done deal.

And I could be wrong, but if THEY paid to remove the special offers that would only apply to the unit on their account not yours. Therefore it will have the special offers when your friend goes to register it. I don't believe it is carried with the device to the next owner.

I don't agree with the person advising against buying a used unit period because there are many legit people selling units because they upgraded. Heck I sold my three previous Sonys on eBay for that reason. If/when there's a new Kindle that I want I'll do the same with my non-touch. There are perfectly legitimate used devices with zero issues. You just have to know what to watch for and ask ALL questions before you click the bid or buy button, NOT afterwards.
But a Sony is different then a Kindle. You buy a Kindle on eBay, you have no way of knowing if it's blacklisted or not. A Sony cannot be blacklisted. We have had people come to the forum because they bought a Kindle and it was blacklisted. Once blacklisted, Amazon want's nothing to do with it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote