View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #66
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
My mom was an elementary school teacher so I grew up in a house filled with books, and hanging out before and after school with other teacher's children in classrooms full of books. It never bothered me that reading wasn't "cool". In fact, I'd say by the time I was old enough to know what "cool" was, I loved reading and I knew what all the non-readers were missing

I'd also agree with those that couldn't stand a lot of required school reading. One year I participated in a book debate - I was so excited at the beginning, and then wound up loathing every book we read with the exception of Bridge to Terabithia (still love). After that painful experience I never participated in another. Honestly, if teachers require books that turn away kids who are already avid readers, what hope do they have to turn kids into readers?
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote