Thread: iLiad Semi-Standalone sshd?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
I wanted an easy way to control settings for services, e.g. turn ssh or samba on and off. I've set this up for samba and dropbear (ssh). I'm not a great (b)ash fundi so these might not look pretty but they seem to work. There is also an "update status" entry that updates the current status of all services.

All you need to do is unzip it somewhere and look at it using the contentlister. There's nothing to install (i.e. you need to have installed samba and/or ssh as shown elsewhere). The samba entry creates /etc/init.d/samba if it does not already exist.

In the contentlister you will see one entry for updating the current status of all services; one for samba and one for dropbear. Clicking on the samba or dropbear entries cycles them through:

start now and start at boot
start now, but don't start at boot
stop now and start at boot
stop now and don't start at boot
Attached Files
File Type: zip services.zip (4.5 KB, 504 views)

Last edited by daudi; 02-10-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Various edits because I messed it up yesterday
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote