View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardwillie View Post
Also "LCD is just as good as eInk is a fallacy. Yes, there is 5% to 10% of the population that isn’t affected. The rest of us are human." What study did he do that concluded this result? Its odd that people have been doing work on monitors for about the past 15 years easily and haven't had much of a problem reading on it (the internet took off on monitors) but now that eInk is available people must not be able to read on an LCD screen. I guess 95% of people browse the web by clicking a link in Google and then printing out a hardcopy of each page of a site to read it.
Every time people bring up the issue of e-ink there is always somebody who trots out the response that people having been using lcds all day for years, but this ignores a crucial difference when reading a book it is a lot closer to your face than when you are using a monitor not to mention the obvious point that if you are using an lcd all day then why extend that if you have other options.

Personally, I can read fine on my ipad and I have been doing so quite a bit lately to try it out, but I still prefer to read on an e-ink reader if I am reading for an extended amount of time.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote