View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #1384
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I'm not sure how to edit what comes on the title page. Is there a way to reorder how things appear on the page? Also, I have my categories, characters, and ships sorted into big sub categories based on where the fandom is from (Books, TV, Movie). However, I don't care that big category on the title page. Is there a way to do a replace metadata for items on the title page? I'm thinking of something like the search and replace used when you edit bulk metadata.
Look at the titlepage_entries ini parameter to change the order. Look at the custom formatting page for changing the HTML.

You're well familiar with the search and replace feature--replace_metadata. If you want to have different metadata in calibre and on the title page, you'll have to use (add_to_)extra_valid_entries and include_in_* parameters to create new metadata entries to treat different.

You may find it helpful to remember that you can apply the same replacement rule to more than one metadata entry:
genre,category=>Humor=>Comedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
The only problem I have with the Generate Cover plugin is the description or summary section. When I try to add that to my cover, it picks up all of what I believe are html code.
My only idea for that one is to look at the calibre templating language. kiwidude over on the Generate Cover thread may have more advice.