View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #133
ragnevi
ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook 622, iPad 3 and Galaxy Note 2
I've read Steinbeck back in secondary upper school here in Sweden. But I where surprised that they had put Fahrenheit 451 on the list and not 1984 or A brave new world that I would consider are far more important books.

And it is not so strange that american high schools are focusing on their own litterature. In Sweden we focus a lot on August Strindberg because he had a huge impact on the swedish culture.
When I went to the university I've read a class only about Ingmar Bergman, but the funny thing was that it was held in english by a canadian professor Marc Gervais.

But I missed Goethe, Dickens or Döblin. I even found it strange that there where so little modern american litterature (from after the 1950's).
ragnevi is offline   Reply With Quote