View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
timezone, i believe that to some degree you are correct that it doesn't really matter what you say (as long as you are polite), it is the act of writing and the volume of letters which will be convincing to the publishers.

however i think a lot of people don't like to write letters, so haridasi's project is really useful to provide a model that anyone can easily use just changing a few details ; this will hopefully encourage more people to write who might not do it otherwise, and this will help to gain the volume of letters which as you say is really the most important.

regarding the structure of the letter, i've been thinking about it ; i think it's best to include all the text in the main body of the email, but have the (shortish) letter first, and then have the other texts with titles in bold and ALL CAPS (in case the email client cannot do bold), and call them "notes" or "appendices", just like the presentation at the start of the thread now.

this way, all the information is available immediately (i honestly don't think publishers will open an attachment, and if you are using a contact form you probably can't attach anything anyway).

the other good thing about this system is, perhaps different people will want to insist on different aspects depending on what is most important to them ; they can make their own letter from this "kit" by including different appendices in the main message. so it's very flexible.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote