View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #82
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by R J Askew View Post
But creative work should be paid for should it not? A person who buys a pbook can't give it free so a million people as somone online cld. So surely the little author who wants to make a cent as I do needs some bar on his or her work being simply taken as free to anyone who pays a dollar for it. If an author wants free exposure they simply don't opt for DRM. I salute Amazon for allowing DRM. What is the case against it?
I'm also an independent author, and I too would like to make a few bob. I don't use DRM. I wrote a blog post about the reasons why, partly so that whenever anyone asked why I could simply link to it. So, here it is:
http://russellphillips.wordpress.com...-dont-use-drm/

The main points could probably be summarised as: It annoys legitimate customers while failing to prevent piracy. Given that, why would I use it?
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote