View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #814
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I copied the relevant portions of eink_fb.h (for K3 support) and multiple versions of mxc_fb.h (5.0.x and 5.1.x) into my code. You cannot include all files, because they define DIFFERENT incompatible versions of the SAME ioctl structure name...

By copying parts of both includes and including neither of them, my code was able to support for 5.0.x and 5.1.x ioctl calls (and also K3, and K4 main and diags).
Yes, that's what I did. Actually my code was adapted from your video player. Baiscally, when I want to know how to communicate with kindle in low-level, I will first look for your code and I can always find what I want

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
TOK, now I understand why you are using raw value -- to avoid dependency on that ioctl.h from kernel source. Still, it would be useful at least add comment about how this raw value was calculated.
In fact, the reason why I use raw value is I don't know it can be constructed in that way ;P Now I know it, thanks. I tried your patch and it compiles without any error even though ioctl.h is not included (at least I cannot find it in the build environment). That's strange...

But the real problem is the actual size of mxcfb_update_data51 is 0x4c here, not 0x48 (mxcfb_update_data is also 4 bytes larger). I double checked the definition of the structure, it is the same as the one in geekmaster's video player. Any thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
I don't think it makes sense to support pre-5.1.0 KTs. To my knowledge there is no reason not to upgrade to 5.1.0+ and from a coding perspective all 5.1.x firmwares should be practically the same.
thanks, so HUR also only supports 5.1 firmware?

Last edited by dave2008; 12-10-2012 at 06:50 PM.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote