Thread: Troubleshooting K4NT Blank Screen - permadead?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
K4NT Blank Screen - permadead?

Looks like now it's down for good. I was opening some PDF when the device started lagging like hell and then in a few seconds the screen went completely blank. After some tampering with hard reset I got a "boy under a tree", but the progress bar wouldn't move for hours, so after more tampering the screen went blank again. All I could get was the green light after pressing the power button.
I left it charging overnight, so I guess it's not the issue. I tried using Kubrick LiveCD, the first time it flashed the partition OK, but when it got to the part where you need to do stuff in diags mode, the screen was still blank. Now it won't even recognize the device in fastboot (or it wouldn't enter fastboot, I can't possibly know), all I get is amber light glowing when plugged into PC, no reaction whatsoever when unplugged.
Should I just give it up? Will making a service cable get me anywhere?
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote