View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Thanks for confirming!
Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost all my original data. It came in a bad timing, a timing when I wanted to back up but didn't have external HD space enough. Unfortunately I'm no longer able to edit the file, or I should start from scratch.
You can skip 10pages by holding the 'next page' knob for 2 seconds or so. That way you could skip pages quicker.

The TOC should hold just the basic books, and should be only 3 pages large at most!
One could create a hyperlink to a page holding another hyperlink, and so forth... to 'infinity', meaning I could do subsubsub menu's, but the Sony software does not support going back in these bookmarks. Especially not for a book with over 1000 bookmarks.
For a small book it would be possible to create the structure you mention by redirecting a hyperlink back to one previous hyperlink. But in this book unfortunately that is not possible.

As far as tocs care concerned, Sony Reader only supports a single TOC, like most ebook formats.
I used the menustructure I developed to comfortably and quickly browse through the bible. I agree on MHCBC the menu structure is not well tuned, and browsing is not that easy (seeing that some chapters could indeed take several tens of pages).

But time did not permit me to improve it any better, and I think neither did the software/hardware of the reader.
If I would have improved the structure with more hyperlinks the PRS-505 readers would have trouble loading it.

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-31-2009 at 12:25 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote