View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
My only question though is why are there no commission based reps with ebooks? He mentions it but doesn't elaborate.
I think I can probably answer that myself:

1) Ebooks are still a tiny share of the market, and
2) How could you make it a commission-based thing? The publishers produce the ebooks (or don't, but never mind that) and put them out through the distribution system. You wouldn't say to fictionwise (as you would to Barnes & Noble), "How many copies do you want for your initial order?"
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote