View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Unified Search Engine - The ball is in motion

I have sent this to a number of eBook sellers which I found via the wiki

Quote:
Hi!

Over at www.mobileread.com/forums we are discussing the possibility of a (free to use) unifying eBook search engine
which would allow a user to search all possible ebook stores and list the results with regard to price and availability.
Something along the lines of price runner etc.

Are you interested in this? Would you consider to produce a web-based API for your database which would be usable for
this so that someone could create a search tool / site for the named purpose? If you are interested, your API should
be fully documented and be usable through the standard HTML methods like POST. The replies should be in a well formed
XML format. I will be the spider in the net, so to say (no pun intended) for now.

This email is not only sent to you, I have also sent this to the others listed below (yes, your
name is there also), If you who receive this email is not the person which can take this kind of decision, then
please make sure it gets to the right person. Also only reply to my email address: Gianfranco 'dot' alongi 'at' gmail 'dot' com with
the Subject: "Unified search engine", it will make it easier for me to organize this.

Ebooks.com
EbookMall
Diesel Ebooks
CyberRead
Book Habit
EEEPcBooks.com
EReadable
FictionWise
KindleShops
MyBookStoreAndMore
Numilog
SimonSays
SmashWord
WalkBroadPublishing
WhiskeyCreekPress
Taylor & Francis
WHSmith eBooks
BLTC Press
Books On Board
Club Lighthouse Publishing
Ebooks about everything
EHarleQuin
HarperCollins
Nuever
Penguin
Powell's Books

Ps. Some of your names may be misspelled, I apologize for this.
This was made by filling out contact-forms, and sending an email to those who had an email address visible. It was no easy task, but it's done. Let's hope something comes out of it. I will keep you posted on what goes on.

Last edited by Gianfranco; 08-14-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Thanks Zelda :)
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote