View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #151
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm so glad MR has an Ignore function. For the first time ever I just activated it.
Yes indeed. Unfortunately it's not as unilateral as the Ignore on other forums, and of course it's hard for people to stop feeding trolls so you'll occasionally have to see quoted text.

My replacement PW is here. I did not get any kind of upgrade, including SO removal, which is really not an issue for me. Just mentioning it for people who are hoping for free upgrades; I suspect those are over unless you really really push.

The screen is better than my original unit. It's still got darker/lighter background areas (upper screen, NOT referring to LEDs), but much better. In fact, I can close my eyes, mix them up, and unerringly identify my original by its distinctive blue and pink cloud pattern, which hasn't changed since day 1.

I'm closer to satisfied, except that my images still ghost text from the previous screen. I'm attaching a shot from the new unit, as well as a shot to prove I know how to turn Page Refresh ON. This book, and my other example a few days ago, are both .mobis.

No, I don't expect to use my Kindle for books with images. I have an iPad for heavily-illustrated cookbooks, manuals, and PDFs. But surely it's not supposed to do this, and it adds to my overall annoyance with the whole fiasco. I forgot to check the same books on my KK last night, but I will tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	201
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	93767   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).JPG
Views:	196
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	93768  

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 10-09-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote