View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 04:15 AM   #33
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidknytOwl View Post

Mobi is looking like the easiest for me to get and not have to worry about converting. I've looked at the Cybook more though, and I like the Sony better in most aspects. Besides, with shipping, the Cybook is $110 more than the Sony, more if it ends up going on sale again, and I would still have to buy a cover.
Just a note if you go with the SONY PRS-505 MOBI format will no longer be the format of choice.

Quote:

How complicated is the converting programs? I remember reading somewhere (not sure if it was here) that for the Sony you should go with Lit files because those were the easiest to convert, but is that correct? How are the Mobis (mobies?)? If someone (not me, of course), was to remove the DRMs, which would be the easiest?
For me converting was not very hard, esp. with the Calibre tool. You can download tons of free (PB) books at manybooks.net and FeedBooks.com. To give the conversion a try.
I've had good experience with the MOBI format.

Below is a link which lists the best formats for the SONY device.

Calibre FAQ on formats

Quote:
Sorry for the continuous questions! I appreciate the replies and how nice you guys are though. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...like I just swallowed a puppy.

Last edited by =X=; 06-01-2008 at 04:23 AM. Reason: edit sentence
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote