View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Uh, I've got a lot of Sony Readers, but have to say that the covers do not give me a better or more comfortable feeling while holding them.

They are all more comfortable without any cover at all. So if they designed it for more, then they missed it with me.

The only reason I have the covers at all is to keep the screen from taking a direct hit and shattering. Or keeping keys or something sharp I've missed in my purse from rubbing the screens. (Although, you have to put them in with the opening up and spine down in a purse, or stuff will still get between the cover and the screen and ride up, which can leave scratches.)

And the covers are way too expensive. But they're all too expensive, so it's not just Sony gouging money that way.

One of the things that had me going with the new Kobo Aura (beside the fact Sony doesn't want to sell me a T3) is that the new cover looks thin and cheap on the video reviews. I can only see the spine ripping quickly as they're used. That's a lot of money for a cheap looking case.
And the Sony cover that's coming apart at the spine really enhances my experience

Like DuskyRose, I find the reader most comfortable to hold without a case. When I'm reading at home on my couch, I don't use the case. I do use the case to protect my reader in my handbag, and for privacy when reading in a public place, such as the wating area at a doctor's office or car mechanic.

I haven't yet decided what replacement case to get.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote