View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatute View Post
Hi,

I created an ePub using Sigil, and everything went OK while it was just text. But I've inserted some photos, and can see them all right both using Sigil and as html files (breaking the ePub in html and jpg files, you know).

But when I drop this ePub file into Calibre the images are gone. Just the position marks as 'there was an image here but now there's not'.

Is there somethin I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Jose Luis
the images were NOT in the original EPUB. They were links to a Local File.
Moving (Placing) the 'epub' into Calibre, changed the location (lost) of the Images, relative to the book location.

There is ONE condition of a non-Sigil original source that Sigil does very poor (OK terrible), The Same name Image in original sub-folders. The folders get flattened and repeat names get overwritten. (book1/cover.jpg,book3/cover.jpg,book3/cover.jpg: all get written to ../Images/cover.jpg ) This condition shows the WRONG mage.

The code (CV) of Image source tags from Sigil will Always read
Code:
src="../Images/file-name.jpg"
Case sensitive, relative location, supported file type (no BMP, TIF...).
Sigil will adjust non-Sigil sources the first time to this arrangement.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote