Thread: PRS-950 Screen size
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
When I had a 900, the screen's aspect ratio just looked weird to me. Instead of seeing it as extra length, my eyes perceived the screen as being too narrow. Since the 7" screen doesn't really offer more width than the 6" screen, unless you're reading PDFs formatted for legal-size paper, or you like reading in short, chunky columns in landscape mode, the extra screen space doesn't improve readability. I probably could have gotten used the the dimensions, but I hated the 900's dull, glossy screen, and I sold it after about a month of light use. Sony's new touch screens are fabulous, so spending time reading and getting used to it wouldn't be a problem with the 950.

Portability will not be an issue no matter which model you choose. I thought the 900 was quite sleek and the 950 is even smaller. Still, if you don't care about the wireless features, the 650 would serve you just as well as the 950.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote