View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotube View Post
one of my friends did ooh and ahh when she saw mine but refused to get one because of the price. But when i asked what she'd think a reasonable price, she couldnt decide.
I'm a believer in the Gillette school of "Give 'em the razor and sell 'em the blade."

I imagine that it will be a decade or more before eBook readers become so cheap that price doesn't matter. I remember seeing my first pocket calculator in 1972. It was LED, could only add, subtract, multiply and divide, and cost as I recall $99. By 1985, they were so cheap that I received one at a corporate function as a party favor!

But in the meantime, I think that the big boys like Amazon and Sony with DRM links to bookstores to should give a store credit in the amount of the cost of the book.

I think that $300 for the Kindle is too high, considering that the typical Amazon eBook is only discounted a couple of bucks. But if the Kindle came with a $300 Amazon eBook store credit, I think most people would find it much more reasonable.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote