View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #346
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Just put the test SD card back in. This has 912 epubs and 283 PDF on it. Using series for shelves plus a few others, I ended up with 33 pages of shelves. There is a shelf for the epubs (912), the PDFs (283) and five more with over 120 books. The shelf list took about 55 seconds. So, maybe not as much of an improvement as I thought.
I have about 2000 epubs and my biggest shelf is 247 currently ( books with no series) and 48 pages of shelves (476).

When I had the double shelf problem a week or so ago, the shelf opening time was around 4 minutes. But it seem the number of books per shelf is the biggest factor?

I only care a lot when I accidentally open the wrong shelf and have to start all over. Generally I hit the shelf menu and then I turn on the light to see if it is actually doing something as there is no other safe way to tell AFAIK. The shelf menu button color could go black and nothing is happening or stay blank and it is actually doing something. A little whirry busy thingy would be nice but good luck with that there I guess.

When I installed the 2.10 software I kept getting a flash of a cover with only the title displayed in a two box outline then the real cover would show. With 3.0.0 I only get the title and the outlines. When I can actually get it to turn on or when I connect it to the USB port I get the little boxes which I haven't had for months. Then I get an error screen saying it can't read the SD card and to format it to Fat32. Then it goes to the home screen and displays it and I am able to open the book or shelves etc. which seems odd as all of my books are on the SD card which it tells me it cannot read. Damn peculiar.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote