View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I will just enjoy the book as it is, and as I've said before; I do have some objections to the scientific claims of Greenblatt. But I like to see how the journey, the quest for the manuscripts, goes. Greenblatt shows us a nice view in the life of Poggio.

There are as many scientists as there are opinions, including mine. Defining time periods as Middle Ages and Renaissance are controversial etc, etc.

Hamlet53; I liked your view on Lucretius and will try to read the poem On the nature of things, if I can find the time.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote