View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #1760
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
The thing about it is, there is nothing to it. The programs simply re-record the audio into a brand new file. The nice thing about it is that it happens without using your computer's speakers, so you can use your computer for other things while it is going.
I've posted this before I think, but there ARE good solutions that are fast and provide high quality MP3 or M4b files as output. (Or any other format you can think of, frankly.) They are not simple "real-time" solutions, but do a full conversion at speeds up to 400x on my laptop. The one I use is dBpoweramp. More than that I don't think forum rules will allow me to say, but the key thing to understand is that they use Audible's own DirectShow codec to directly read the .AA files and convert them. In my experience of literally hundreds of Audible books, about a half dozen failed to covert, and they appeared to be slightly corrupted files.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote