View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #56
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
I'm very interested but am not even close to being a programmer, so have been following this thread to see if your end-product might help me.

I'd like to see what would seem to me to be an almost magical ability to take the Caliber conversions I've made from pdf to epub and easily eliminate the page headers and footers that end up mixed in with the text. I managed to do it once, but it took me so long to study the various "expressions" and figure out how to input the various search parameters (which I've since forgotten) that I haven't done it again.

This may be well outside what you are trying to accomplish, but as one who has trouble remembering all about "expressions" for the search/replace function (which is really cool), I have been following this thread hoping your project might include some sort of easy interface for input of the appropriate expressions. I'd guess many other non-technical people would like additional interface assistance with expressions.

In any case, I'd encourage you to keep on truckin' -- even if this is NOT where you were headed with this -- because many of us who have NO programming expertise are looking for various interfaces that accomplish what is apparently so easy for programmers but so befuddling for the rest of us.

Last edited by Under the Covers; 07-04-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote