View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:46 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmom View Post
You're right in that I do use wireless to download books, primarily from google books and sony's store.
Although I don't have a wireless Sony reader to test, I am 99.99% sure that your problem stems from the same one created by ADE. Calibre believes that books (or whatever) are to go into a certain folder, specifically "database/media/books". If whatever puts the books on the device puts them somewhere else, then calibre thinks that the books have been deleted and will remove them from collections.

You have several choices:
1) don't use calibre
2) use connect to folder, which does not touch the Sony DB or collections.
3) copy into calibre the books you download using wireless, then use calibre to put the books back onto the device. At that point you can, should you choose, use calibre to manage collections.
4) live with the collections disappearing.
Quote:
Is there a way to contact the people at calibre? They seem receptive to fixing bugs.
We are the people at calibre.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote