View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #72
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually page numbers as a discrete item is an addon feature in ADE. They are not defined in ePUB standard. PDF, does define page numbers.

Dale
I am creating my PDF from my WordPerfect files. My version of WordPerfect does both read (i.e., OCR translate) non-protected PDF, and it will "Publish" to PDF.

So I scan my books, fix all formatting, errors, TOC, links if I want them, etc., in my WordPerfect, and then publish to PDF. I do NOT put page numbers in the text, and, so far, no page numbers have shown up in my pdf files on my Pocket Pro. The method I have streamlined works very well for me.

I format to a 4 x 6 "page", font size 14, make paragraphs 1.5 lines apart, use Heading1 for Chapters, enter book title and author into Properties and publish. My Pocket Pro file is essential readable at the smallest size, but I do enlarge it to zoom 3 for comfort.

Two items I have noticed, on Zoom, the Pocket Pro loses centering and indents. I can live with that. And when the Pocket Pro reaches the end of the pdf "page", it breaks to a new page, thus every 4 or 5 zoomed pages, I get half a page of text. I can live with that.

I'm happily, busily formating all my favorite books.....

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote