Thread: Calibre2Web
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #14
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I see. I didn't know you could run a web server on a NAS box. And, if it can run web server software, it can't run other software? So, how it is able to run your software (calibre2web) that you mention?

Thanks,
BOb
Many of the new NAS boxes, such as the ReadyNAS from Netgear and Drobo from Data Robotics support running programs such as FTP servers, HTTP Servers, torrent clients, iTunes music servers, etc.

I for one would love something like this to serve up my content from a NAS, which can be accessed over the Internet.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote