View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcheart View Post
Are Kindles easy to use with macs? I forgot to mention that I am a macbook pro user (and love it), and my husband as well, so I don't have normal access to a PC.

I read one review that said Kindles were bulky - but I really have no frame of reference. Is it bulkier than a hardcover book?

Which posts do I look for or search for to find out the public library information? (The Chicago public library is rather large )

Thanks for the replies!

Tiffany
the Chicago Public Library has a modest selection of ebooks. Here is the link. http://overdrive.chipublib.org/128BB...en/Default.htm
You will need the PID of your Kindle, and even though your library does not say they support the Kindle, with your PID and "Kindlefix.py", your Kindle will take mobipocket format library books. Look for Igorsk python script information under Kindle Developers Corner.
If you need any further information, just post a request here at Mobileread.

Congrats on your Kindle purchase. You'll love it.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote