View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Another thing I was too tired to post early this morning and ran out of time to do so later this morning. And I was going to do this fancy feature post and all. Ah well, at least it's still free, which is more than can be said of some other stuff I'd been putting off because of the stupid slushpile.

Tie-in deals for this are further books in the series @ $2.99-$4.99-$6.99 (regular list price on the PPP website is $9.99 each).

This seems to be an unofficial freebie and promo, and is offered @ iTunes (probably DRM-free, since this book and the other PPP actually-official freebies are) and some of them are price-matched at Amazon.

Here's PPP's official author page for Greenwood, which gives the series order numbering for both her series, of which the other one is also free and discounted @ iTunes.

I think I'll try this book and if I like it enough and PPP doesn't change their pages to indicate an official promo, maybe I'll pick up one of those discounted iTunes gift cards at the local Future Shop/Best Buy and get the early $2.99 sequels from iTunes, which will probably be the rare case in which I actually buy books from them.

(We really need some sort of moderately disgruntled fist-shaking smiley.

And I should stop bothering with the KDP Select exclusive-or-else slushpile full of Sturgeon's Law mandated 90% crap, because it's clearly keeping me from posting freebies that I actually want to post about from venues which I think are deserving of attention, in favour of giving unmerited promo to authors who've made it clear they're perfectly willing to dump on their pre-existing readers at other outlets.

Why exactly am I enabling this behaviour again? I don't even have the prospect of maybe making 4 cents on the dollar for it.)
<-- this is what my internal monologue sounds like right now, when I contemplate how I've wasted my time in their favour

Last edited by ATDrake; 06-12-2012 at 06:13 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote