View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I do not think it is inherent in the format but some fonts seem not as dark depending on how the font was defined, such as reserving the darkest color for bold. People have been able to pick different fonts for the V5 to improve the contrast and this problem has been forwarded to Jinke for resolution. I personally showed a comparison of the darkness to Jinke at the CES show.

Dale
Hello,

All V5, V3+, as well as coming new firmwares for V3, using 'new SDK' and 'new kernel" use a different font rendering library and show very different and poor over screen, comparing with previous 'old SDK', 'old kernel', 'old font library' on-screen font-rendering. This, as well as the missing keystrokes have been two, among some more others, serious problems for 'new firmwares' since first released and test versions months ago... hope all of this will be fixed for just coming new versions from Jinke and later "official" for all related-brands.

Other than that, yes, have more gray levels, and can render using more and different dithering levels, this is great for pictures and books containing photos and graphics (mainly, those using .pdf and/or ADE), but, for fonts and formats handled by CoolReader... I prefer stay and read using older SDK and firmware, even if somewhat slower.

Best regards.

Last edited by jotas; 03-29-2010 at 12:54 PM.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote