View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
fratermus
e-bookworm
fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K3, KF2, Touch (dying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
Other devices (including my Kindle, my iPad, my wife's tablet and smartphone) offer 5 wifi services, 4 of which are not from my router. So I think that rules it out.
It doesn't rule it out. HarryT's suggestion gets us closer to understanding what is and what is not a factor.

In my personal experience there have been several issues that were greatly clarified by going to some other access point and trying to log in: squirrely dhcp settings and/or squirrely client behavior with those leases, more than one DHCP server, device with static IP camping out on the intended IP, MAC filtering, etc.

Not saying any of them are likely, but Mr. T's suggestion has merit. It would cost nothing to test and could turn up another clue.
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote