View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Kobo Glo - what I'd like to see improved

Four issues that would improve readability on the Glo/Touch/Mini considerably - all are simple software fixes:

- More choices of font size on the middle of the range. If the current choices are 9-, 10-, 12- and 14-point, I'd like to also have 8-, 11- and 13-point, to get a better balance between font size and lines/page. As it is, it seems that the choices are always between just-too-large, and not-quite-big-enough.

- Shrink the menu-bar footer height. It could be reduced to half its present height, and still be fully functional. As it is, it wastes a line of text that could be displayed otherwise.

- An option to hide the dead menu-footer area at the bottom of the display in all books, and the header at the top of Kobo-purchased books - a book-only View. Between the header and footer, they waste two or three lines of text that could be displayed, and thus increase the number of page-turns by more than 10%. Neither header or footer add anything to the reading experience, and in fact, add an annoyance.

- Fix the obvious bug that I believe may be related to widow and orphan control; odd page-breaks in paragraphs. I often find that text stops as much as an inch above the footer and then continues on the next page normally. It is not always related to paragraph start, because it sometimes happens in the middle of a paragraph.
This causes as much as 25% extra page turns, depending on font size used, and badly needs to be fixed.

Last edited by EldRick; 11-14-2012 at 02:47 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote