View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #29
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Yep the battery life seems to be good. I'm getting about 12 hours of continuous use, screen set to 50% brightness, wifi always on, emails pushed every 30 mins. I've been mostly watching videos, streaming video, browsing the net and listening to music. I expect its better than that because I'm still downloading movies/ TV programmes in HD from itunes.

Battery life is significantly better than my galaxy note and probably a bit better than the galaxy tab. Its probably on a par with my old iphone 4.

I was sad to find that Stanza no longer works. When I last used my iphone in March this year it still worked. I used to use it on the iphone 3G too.
Yep, definitely better battery life than prior versions. I did see a huge drop off though when I started using Cloud backup and WiFi updating, even though I kept the iPt5 in Airplane mode 97% of the time, and always kept WiFi off when the iPt5 was turned off. It would drain 5% to 10% overnight when off and Airplane mode was on (that is no WiFi or Bluetooth). The more apps you have that use push or notifications the worse it gets too. Apple seems to have issues getting notifications to not drain and be turned off as some apps I sat to NO EFFing notifications still sent notifications! Their Cloud seems to be total rubbish as far as backup goes. Now that I turned that stupid Cloud off as well as turning off the ability to sync via WiFi I'm back to getting good battery life.