View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the Obscure View Post
150 odd b&w photographs (+/- 3 1/2" x5 1/2") in it.
For ebooks you really need to consider pixel size of the final image, rather than scanning resolution of the scan.

I would scan at the best native scan resolution of the sensor of my scanner to get the best quality out of it. (In my case, the native resolution is 400dpi.)

Then you can perform appropriate adjustments and scaling to get to the final desired pixel size. This used to be no more than 600x800, but nowadays with high resolution eInk displays and even higher resolution tablets, I'd suggest going for something no less than 768x1024

For a 3.5"x5.5" original, that would need a minimum scan resolution of about 200dpi. If they're black and white, don't neglect to reduce them to greyscale images (saving about 2/3rds the space).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote