View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Thanks for the info!

I don't think the battery is quite dead. Or at least it's not the only problem...

I tried to connect an external power supply instead of the battery, but with very limited results. As mentioned above, it keeps consuming power (~120-130mA) but without any on-screen activity. (For at least fifteen minutes.)

Given twobob's figures that sounds like a lot. So, either my flash is corrupted (and the CPU is stuck in an exception loop) or there's something else seriously wrong.

I'm now charging the battery again, but it seems to retain its charge pretty well. (I'm force-feeding it 500mA at 4.1V. I figure that if I do that for an two hours or so it ought to be at least half-charged.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It you are tired of playing with it -
Any chance you would like to sell it, as-is, and what part of the world do you live it?
I'll give it another try (or two) before giving up...

I'm in Switzerland, which means that shipping to the US is probably not worth it...
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote