View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #65
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Maybe it just doesn't look secure to you because the newer versions of FF no longer display the little lock icon on an https URL and instead changes the background colour of the sitename?

When you click on that coloured portion in the address bar, a pop-up box should show up giving details of the site's security certificate and you'll see the little lock icon there, or a warning if it's actually not secure.

Perhaps you could try again and see what it says?

When I try it now, FF tells me that the page I get from adding a book to the basket which goes to bridgit.geredonovan.com is verified by GeoTrust and when I click for more info, tells me that it's "high grade encryption" with "RC4, 128-bit keys".
Thanks for that. Background color of site name does change color but I receive pop-ups with warnings. I'll just switch systems for the time being.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote