View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #78
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
No one seems to have pointed out the obvious:
this technological jump is not all about black-and-white video on e-ink - it seems to make possible an e-ink screen that requires negligible refresh time and overall improved responsiveness.

A lot of users complain about the flash between pages on e-ink. I can't say it bothers me greatly, but I would definitely rather not have it!

And the other Kindle features are rendered useless to me due to the limitations of the screen (notes, dictionary, highlighting, browser). The browser would actually be worth using if it had a good refresh rate, and I no longer would avoid moving the cursor around the screen to get a word definition if it was a lot smoother.

Simple animations would be great on e-ink too for text books and children's books, etc.
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote