View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I voted I think that DRM is ok ... but I don't think it is ok as it is implemented. DVDs are sold with DRM; cable TV is sold with DRM; satellite radio is sold with DRM. I don't have an issue with rights-holders having some control over distribution and use. You don't have to consume the product if you don't want to.

I voted I would strip DRM from any book that I buy ... but I'd rather not go through that hassle. I do it because I want a clean back-up should it ever be necessary; I want to read on two different readers which support mutually-exclusive DRM models; I remove DRM so I can add my own background notes, change covers, and do other customization to my personal copy which leaves the author's work untouched.

I voted I rarely share books, but would like that option ... and that includes sharing with in-house family members. But, it's not critical: we can hand the e-reader back and forth. Afterall, if I buy one copy of a paperback only one of us can read that at a time. I'm ok with that.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote