View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I hope I'm understanding this thread correctly, but if I'm not then please feel free to disregard what follows.

There's one particular bit of nonsense that I've seen in the last year that turns me off immediately. I actually find it more insulting than DRM. And it is this particular pre-amble in a lot of indie books:

This ebook is licensed for your enjoyment only. This ebook may not be resold or given away. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each person you share it with. If you are reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then you should return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the author's work.

At this point I stop reading what you've written and I won't read another thing by you ever again.

DRM is a no-go too, and also ridiculous pricing. So basically I'm left with free books and authors who accept donations.

Last edited by Moejoe; 06-19-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Extra 'e' but not the fun kind :)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote