View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Here's today chapter of my story....

As info, the charge on the credit card is from Discover, not Zinio.

I called Discover customer service today and they were TOTALLY unsympathetic. I was told that "eventually" I would get an email from Zinio. They could not tell me if that would be within 1 day or one year. When I told them I got NO emails they could of cared less. I asked if they could send me another email, answer was no. I suggested that a "thank you" page from the cart could possibly tell the customer what would happen next. (ie: delivery would be by Zinio and to expect an email from them in 3 days to 4 weeks.) this "senior" customer service rep said "well, I don't know about that."

She said when the next issue comes out, AND when Zinio gets the order from discover, then my subscription would "go live." I asked why they didn't start the subscripton with the latest already released issue. She said people complained. I told her that I thought the marketing people would probably prefer at least providing the option to start with current released issue so renewal would come a month earlier. That the Kalmbach accountants would like it.. She more or less laughed at my suggestion.

So... I guess now I just wait, hoping I get an email from Zinio. I guess if I don't hear anything in six weeks I'll do a cc dispute.

And I thought an advantage of going "digital" was all about "instant access" I can go down to the drug store and buy one without having to wait for the NEW ONE to come out!

Last edited by 1611mac; 01-17-2013 at 06:44 PM.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote